The latest issue of Meditation News, the UK Community Newsletter is now available to download and read here. Printed copies should be with subscribers in the middle of September. Some articles are available as separate news items on the website through the links below or listed on //wccm.uk/category/newsletters/. The autumn WCCM International newsletter will be added to our website when it is available.
- Going From Strength to Strength: As Julie Roberts comes to the end of her term as UK National Coordinator, she considers the changes in the community in the past two years.
- Changes to how we distribute Meditation News: In 2024 we are planning to change how we share the UK and international newsletters.
- Annual Conference 2023: A report on this years conference How the light enters with Rev Dr Mark S Burrows, including the books cited in Mark’s talk and how to access the videos.
- Annual Conference Workshop: leader Valerie Quinlivan describes The Haiku of Attention one of the workshops available to conference attendees.
- South West Three day Silent Retreat: Shelagh Layer reviews the retreat Turning to the Other, Finding your Own Space led by Stefan Reynolds in July.
- Maintaining hope – developing a vision: Meditation group leader Tina Jefferies explains how inspiration from a visit to Bonnevaux led to the creation of a quiet meditation space on a Herefordshire farm.
- Meditatio Outreach News: news of the development of Outreach in the UK and some exciting Climate Crisis International Information.
- News for clergy who meditate: an introduction to our new Special Interest Coordinator for Clergy, Sue Clarke.
- Thank heaven for meditation: a poem by Chris Hill that will resonate with some!
- The Cloud of Unknowing: a talk in the Christian Meditation in Cumbria Living with the Mystics series led by Margaret Ives.
There are listings of UK events, some of the hybrid and online series from Bonnevaux and the Meditatio Centre including details of the new Special Series The Space Between Words: How to read the Bible and other Sacred Texts which starts on Monday 25 September. The contacts list has been updated (the latest version is always available on the website).
The next issue will be available in mid-December. Please send articles to: firstname.lastname@example.org and events to: email@example.com to reach us by 1 November. There are editorial team changes coming, so please use these rather than personal email addresses.